Last modification on : 04/19/2012 - 11:09
The "Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace" (ISAE) was created in 2007 from the merger of the two prestigious French "Grandes Ecoles": SUPAERO (1909) and ENSICA (1945). ISAE is today, a worldwide reference in aerospace higher education and research.
The Institute provides high-level Graduate Programs in engineering (SUPAERO and ENSICA), Master’s degrees, Postgraduate Specialized Masters, PhD degrees, with a wide range of career opportunities: engineering, research and development, logistics, consulting, finance, etc.
ISAE also develops a very active research policy around four main principles:
- to ensure a strong link between programs and research,
- to set up an international center for hosting and training for Master’s degrees, Specialized Masters and PhD degrees,
- to guarantee a proper balance between academic visibility and industrial aims proximity,
- to promote innovation in the aerospace field.
Concerning its relations with firms, ISAE is always pursuing adequacy between its educational objectives and the business needs, with in particular:
- participation in tuitions of many professionals from firms,
- a very wide range of internship offers allowing students to put their knowledge into practice,
- research always turned towards future needs of industry, in the aerospace or high technology field.
At the international level, ISAE cooperates with the best European and North-American universities with concretely:
- many students and professors exchanges,
- the launch of common education and research programs,
- the active involvement in many networks such as PEGASUS, TIME, PRES "Toulouse University" or the world-class "Aerospace Valley competitiveness cluster".