Equal opportunities program "OSE l'ISAE"
Last modification on : 05/25/2012 - 12:00
"OSE l'ISAE", the ISAE equal opportunities program.
Origin of the project
The “OSE l’ISAE” project was created in 2006, within the framework of the call for "equal opportunity" projects implemented by the French Minister responsible for equality promotion, Mr. Azouz Bégag.
In 2009, the project was supported by the "Cordées de la réussite" assistance program, created to promote the equal opportunity and the success of young people as regards admission to higher education.
Why be involved in a social opening-up project?
The students admitted to ISAE upon examination, following a preparatory course for the "grandes écoles", are not representative of the social and cultural diversity of our society.
ISAE has therefore initiated a social opening-up project to deal with certain considerations.
After five years of life, the "OSE l’ISAE" project enters an important phase.
The objectives are of four types:
- ensure sustainability of the taken actions and increase the number of institutional and industrial partners,
- consider the expectations of the schools sustainably involved in the approach (secondary schools),
- increase the number of secondary school students receiving tutoring (target of 70 students per year for the 2011/2012 academic year),
- improve the actions of students and of the staff involved in the "OSE l’ISAE" project.
15 partner schools
- 70 students receiving tutoring (3,000 hours)
- 550 students involved in science discovery
- 1,000 students provided with presentations and information about higher education
- 100 ISAE students and 50 ISAE staff involved in the project
ISAE undertakes to promote and ensure that equal opportunities are offered through several lines of action:
- promote the professional insertion of disabled persons, in particular by raising awareness of our students and by proposing a help to promote admission to higher education
- undertake tutoring actions for secondary school students in the "sensitive" areas and rural areas,
- promote the institute and the aeronautical and space fields by proposing visits to the partner institutions,
- implement science discovery actions through common projects or scientific workshops,
- inform the young people on higher education and career opportunities, combat their prejudices and motivate them.